Sunday, January 22, 2012

Be Still My Heart

This evening I began reading some information on our freedom is being whittled away.  The stories shared by parents throughout the nation were somewhat alarming.  My mind began to move into high gear as I began to wonder how we would be able to raise up our daughter in this environment and what measures we must take to protect her.  I felt myself being enveloped in fear and worry.  As I conveyed some of my concern to Jeff I realized what I really was trying to tell him was "I am fearful."

But wait, there is One who can conquer all fear.  We have a Sovereign Lord who reigns over all.  Of course knowing this doesn't excuse inactivity on our part, but it does allow us to remain internally calm as we trust in the One who orders our every step.  While we wait on Him we can speak up for truth and defend the cause of those in need.  We can celebrate the freedoms we currently have and prepare ourselves for the persecution that will inevitably be directed toward Christians.  We also have a responsibility to be informed when it comes to political decisions and to exercise the privilege to vote.


Tonight I am headed to bed and I don't think I will have any problems sleeping (unless interrupted by a certain small female).  I know God will give grace to see me through any troubles I may face in the future. 

"But he knoweth the way that I take; when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."  Job 23:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...