Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baby Steps

Tonight Abby took her very first baby steps.  The neighbors probably heard us cheering and clapping through our opened windows.  Our reaction motivated her to continue trying to walk until she was totally exhausted. How exciting to reach this milestone.  I suppose I'll soon regret the fact that she can walk as that means more baby-proofing (I should sell baby-proofing gift baskets, it seems to be a fairly untapped market.)

These baby steps reminded me to be thankful we have a healthy child.  Don't we take this for granted too often?  There are parents who will never see their baby walk.  There are parents who never had a chance to meet their baby on this earth. There are parents who are see their child regress as disease destroys their little body. 

These baby steps also remind me that I should be constantly growing as a Christian.  I should be more disciplined and desire to be challenged spiritually through seeking out conversations with unbelievers, immersing myself in books of the Bible that seem to be difficult to grasp, and taking time to pray about all things.  It takes discipline to grow and I'm so easily distracted. 

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual [people] but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able [to receive it], and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where [there are] envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like [mere] men?I Corinthians 3:1-3  

As a Christian, in which category might you be found:  infant, child, adolescent, or mature adult?  Are you continuing to exhibit behavior found only in "babies?"












































       



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to little Abby! And I like the comparison you've shown us here. Maturing is a natural process. The absence of growth indicates that there is something not quite right. Praying that God would heal the things that stun our growth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...