Now as a stay-at-home mom I really have a desire to further my education. The issue is I . . . stay-at-home. Thus I'm not bringing in any income. So I have time to take some classes, but not the finances. In the last couple of weeks Jeff and I have gone back and forth about me taking a part-time job or an online class, or waiting for a part-time job I want to open up, or maybe I should take night classes in a nearby city . . . so many decisions. I feel like I'm on Wheel of Fortune and God has spun the wheel for me. Now I'm anxiously waiting for the wheel to stop on a prize (hopefully not the bankrupt option). I know God has foreordained a plan for me and it's exciting to see the "prize" He has in store for me. It may be an option I never considered and He will reveal that in His perfect time.
So what do last year's medical experiences have to do with this? As a result of my extended hospital stay I really have a desire to obtain a job/certification in the medical field. Perhaps this is the direction God wants me to take and I wouldn't have this passion or desire if I had not been treated by such caring individuals.
When making decisions about my future:
- I want God's peace in my heart regarding the option I pursue
- I want Jeff to approve of what I do-yes, he has the power to veto my choice
- I don't want to put our family in dire financial difficulty
- I want Jeff and I to remain the primary caregivers to Abby
- I want Jeff and I to be able to spend quality time together
- I will be praying about my options (although it would be so much easier to cast lots)
"He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them." Psalm 145:19