Sunday, June 19, 2011

Believe In Spite of Your Feelings

 "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."  Psalm 42:5
Yesterday I heard Joni Erickson Tada speaking about the depression she struggled with for some time after her accident.  She came to the realization that she must in faith believe what God has said and act on it instead of waiting for her feelings to catch up.  Relying on her feelings led to doubt and depression. Such a simple statement, but so true.  Our feelings let us down.  People let us down.  We let ourselves down, but God is unchanging. What He has promised He will perform. 

In the absence of feelings, believe the Father is always present.  In the absence of feelings, believe God's sovereign hand is behind all that has occurred in your life.  In the absence of feelings, believe God has taken away what is good to give you something better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...