Sunday, May 15, 2011

If

It's difficult for me to sit down and read a book.  I care for a four-month old several times a week and watch Abby as well.  I've been tucking the book If into my diaper bag so that I can grab it and read a few lines between naps and feedings.  It's a small book that holds powerful words about Calvary love by Amy Carmichael

Here is a portion that spoke to me today:
If I cannot catch "the sound of noise of rain" long before the rain falls,
and, going to some hilltop of the spirit, as near to my God as I can,
have not faith to wait there with my face between my knees,
though six times or sixty times I am told "there is nothing,"
till at last "there arises a little cloud out of the sea,"
then I know nothing of Calvary love.

 Right now I'm trusting that the rain will soon be falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...