Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Too Many Possessions?

I'm in the middle of packing up our belongings.  Nearly a third of them remained packed throughout the last two and a half years.  I was able to survive without using these items.  I wonder if I could continue to live without them.

It seems we have too much stuff.  Do we truly need all that is contained in these towering stacks of boxes?  We did sell many unneeded items a few years ago and  our duplex was fairly empty.  Then along came Abby.  We have not been extravagant, but in spite of this, her gear, toys and clothing has accumulated.  How did the pioneers ever raise their babies without all these modern niceties? 

My closet is too full.  I have too many decorations.  I've spent too much on items that aren't necessary. I think I should be giving more to those who have a need.  More prayerful when I purchase items.  (A good deal can be passed up).  And more appreciative of my husband and daughter.  They cannot be replaced, but these possessions are only transient. 

"And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." I Timothy 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...